Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Another gem from Pat R.

"I'd like to say to the good citizens of Dover: If there is a disaster in your area, don't turn to God. You just rejected him from your city," Robertson said on the Christian Broadcasting Network's "700 Club."


My good pal (ok, not really) Pat Robertson busted out with the above quote in a recent broadcast of The 700 Club , and you can read an article about it HERE [**oops...dead link. If I find another I'll post it**] . The whole thing boils down to Pat's belief that God will shun the townspeople (and the town itself, apparently) of Dover, PA because they have ousted some members of the local school board who support the teaching of 'Intelligent Design' in public schools.


I don't think it's necessary to go on about how I don't believe in any form of Creationism, or how public school is no place for religious indoctrination. Rather, I'm concerned with this formidable threat put forth by Pat.


Let me get this straight. If a disaster smashes my town and we've rejected Intellignet Design in the school system, I can assume that God won't be stepping in to help me clean up the pile of crap that used to be my house?


I have to wonder how many Christians groan and want to hide under the covers every time the latest inane blathering from this guy makes it into the mainstream press...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home