Thursday, December 22, 2005

'Tis the Season (almost)

Racing season is fast approaching. You’d think I’d be all jazzed up, but mostly I’m stressed out. I didn’t even realize it until Carrie pointed it out to me tonight. I told her I wasn’t stressed, but I am.

Well, like I said to her; it’s not actual stress, it’s hobby stress. Actual stress is finding out you’re getting laid off in 3 days. But, sometimes the absence of real stress leaves a vacuum, and peace of mind abhors a vacuum. Isn’t that what they say?

Anyway, I have 57 things I need to do to my truck (including possible transmission work), I have to get my new (to me) bike, and I have to get all of it back and forth to Atlanta for graphics, all before I leave for AL in 5 weeks for the NESBA weekend, followed by the WERA season opener. This is what I mean by hobby stress.

I’m sorry to say that I don’t seem to be in the proper frame of mind to write anything good (don’t say it), but it’s been too long since I wrote anything at all, and I swore to myself I wouldn’t let the blog sit idle and rot. So, here’s hoping that ‘this’ will slow the decomposition at least a little bit.

For those of you (as if there is a ‘you’ at all…I can pretend, right?) who care, I will be starting a racing/motorcycling-specific blog shortly. I plan on starting out at the beginning of January, and documenting my entire season, up through next December. We’ll see how that goes.

Thanks for stopping by.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home